1969 Sovereign 31′ – Luna
About This Project
Parked on a lot overlooking a lush forested canyon and the expansive Pacific Ocean is our project Luna, an 1969 Sovereign 31′ Airstream that embodies all of the qualities of the Roman goddess of the moon. Her sleek and beautiful design exudes comfort, spaciousness, durability and a beachy vibe perfect for her coastal home.
Client: A couple from Los Gatos, California
Vessel: 1969 Sovereign 31′
Location: Carmel-by-the-Sea, Monterey County, CA
Purpose: Coastal get-away for weekends, and eventually a permanent guesthouse
Design Highlights: Sea blues, greys and various off whites and earth tones mimic Pacific Ocean hues. Reclaimed lumber and fabrics are a mixture of tan, burnt umber, and brown of the Northern California coastal chaparral. The 8-foot gull wing opens up to expansive views from the kitchen and lounging areas, blurring any distinction between the indoors and out. The owner is building a large sundeck, with awning and hot tub, adjacent to the gull wing opening that offers views to Point Lobos Beach and Carmel, CA.
- Full-size Bertazzoni gas stove/oven
- Black ceramic farmhouse apron sink
- Charcoal solid surface countertops
- Kitchen island features a built-in dishwasher and a swinging indoor/outdoor countertop
- Large flat screen TV automatically rises from a hidden cabinet.
- Blue penny tiled bathroom with raised glass sidewall opens to the rear bedroom suite for increased natural light.
- Spa-style, self-draining, teak drop floors in the bathroom.
- Generous reclaimed wood walls
- Beautiful reclaimed teak flooring
- Custom Tempur-Pedic queen bed with built-in side tables